5.04.2007

Glory Revealed

On a regular basis I sense that I need to refocus my thoughts and life on Jesus Christ. I can so easily become distracted and sidetracked from what is of first importance: "For what I recieved I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:3). C.J. Mahaney puts it this way in The Cross-Centered Life:
The Bible tells us that, while there are many different callings and many possible areas of service in the kingdom of God, one transcendent truth should define our lives. One simple truth should motivate our work and affect every part of who we are. Christ died for our sins.
During times when I lose sight of what should define my life--the cross--I find it helpful to not only read the Word, but to listen to music that is saturated with the Word. Recently, I purchased the album Glory Revealed: The Word of God in Worship, and God has used it to encourage and helpf me keep my primary focus on Christ and the cross. If you'd like to listen to the music and get a free song download, check out the previous link.

No comments: