6.01.2007

The Church and Pop Culture

Yesterday, our family spent a couple of hours with a few friends from church as we celebrated Daniel's birthday. During our time together, we spent a little while talking about many of the cartoons that we remember from our childhood. As I think back, I am amazed at how many episodes, punch-lines, and other specifics I can remember from those shows. Yet, as Peter Leithart shows, we often know much more about pop culture than we know about the Church.

Take a few minutes to take a two-part quiz about the Church and Pop Culture. Then, read the lecture that follows. I believe many of you will find it both convicting and enlightening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it was nice to catch up with you and the family the other day.

Eric M. Ashley said...

Yeah. It was really great to have you around. We look forward to hanging out with you again next time you come around. Maybe we could go and hangout at Turtle Back Falls when you get back.

Eric M. Ashley said...

Have fun in Europe!

Anonymous said...

yeah man, we could all hitch there, I'm sure alora and adalynne would make it so easy to hitchhike...everyone would stop for them. Europe, yes, I will do my best to keep my spirits up while I'm there, and try not to be too depressed about it...haha.