5.25.2006

The Landscape

"Now the Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so taht you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed' So Abram went, as the LORD had told him..." (Genesis 12:1-4).

"In hope he believed against hope, that he should be the father of many nations, as he had been told, 'So shall your offspring be'" (Romans 4:18).

The landscape is new and vibrant today.
I find it to be beautiful and aluring as it sprouts with hope and promise.
Yet, the sun will soon settle below the horizon,
And the landscape will fade into the darkness.
Then, the moon will take its place in the sky
And cautiously shine down upon the earth.
And I must confess--
The night is frightening, and I do not know the way.
But I do not despair because I remember Your promise,
And I know that Your word is true.

No comments: