4.21.2009

Advice For Drivers

After traveling to and from VA last week, I feel that it is necessary for me to give a few words of advice to my fellow drivers. So, here we go.

First, if you see a sign telling you to merge because the lane you're using is closed for construction, get over! Do not continue to drive in that lane and wait to merge at the last possible minute.

Second, if you chose to ignore the merge sign until the last possible minute, do not expect for me to let you merge in front of me. Go to the back of the line!

Third, use your hands (and not your belly) to drive your car. While I'm sure that you are hungry, you really should place your hands on the steering wheel instead of using them to hold a drink and a burger.

Fourth, if you cannot talk on your cell phone and pay attention to your driving, then get off the phone.

Fifth, please turn off your turn signal especially if it's been blinking for the last 30 miles!

Sixth, do not tailgate people, especially on the interstate. If you're in such a hurry, use another lane! They've given us more than one lane for a reason.

I'm sure that I could add more to this list, but I stop for now. Do any of you have any advice that you'd like to add?

1 comment:

Eudoxus said...

I just wanted to add one thing:
interstate driving - use CRUISE CONTROL. It's better for your gas mileage, and it's really annoying when you speed up and slow down and speed up and slow down