3.26.2009

The Ghost Hornet

After getting home from seminary today, I went outside to feed my dogs. Unfortunately, it was raining and the gate to our new fence was stuck. (The wood had swelled and caused the gate to fit a bit too tightly.) Once I finally got the gate open I was greeted by two wet and muddy dogs who decided that it would be a good idea to make sure that I shared in their muddiness. Well, in the midst of trying to avoid the onslaught of my dogs and attempting to close the fence, I managed to cut off the tip of my thumb by closing it in the gate. It didn't take long for my thumb to go numb and begin bleeding. By the time I made it back inside the house Amy said that I looked "pale as a ghost" and "angry as a hornet." Thankfully, after I cleaned the blood off my hand, it wasn't as bad as I first expected. But I have a feeling that it's going to be sore in the morning. On a brighter note, at least it was my left thumb instead of my right one.

No comments: