5.27.2007

Alora's Prayer

Every night before Alora goes to bed Amy and I kneel down and pray with her. Although our prayers differ slightly each night, we always incorporate the greatest commandment (Mark 12:30) into our prayer time. Usually, I say a few words and Alora repeats after me. In the same way, we pray together before each of our meals.

Well, the other night at dinner time we all joined hands and I asked Alora if she wanted to pray with us. Yet, instead of waiting on me to begin the prayer, Alora began praying on her own: "Jesus, I love you with all of my heart, all my soul, all my mind, all my strength. Amen." Amy and I sat at the table in silence while our eyes filled with tears of joy.

Praise God for His grace! Praise God for our children! With the Psalmist we say, "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward" (Psalm 127:3).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! thats truly awesome. IM so glad Alora is being raised by two godly parents!