4.28.2007

A Little Less Skin

I played in an alumni soccer match at my old high school last night. Before the game started, I was a bit worried that I would run out of energy within the first 15 minutes. Yet, I faired pretty good, especially considering that we didn't have any substitutes.

Fortunately, I didn't break any bones during the game, but I am extremely sore today. Most of the soreness is is due to a slide tackle that I did during the game. Unfortunately, the slide-tackle resulted in the loss of a couple of layers of my skin. (Blood, grass, and dirt are not a very pretty sight.) The pain didn't come until about 3o minutes after we stopped playing, and it really kicked in when I had to wash it with soap and water. Ouch! (I'd post a picture but I am sure that none of you want to see that much of my leg!)

Just in case you're wondering, the game ended in a 3-3 tie.

No comments: