4.02.2006

Thoughts About Blogging

As I began to think about blogging (and my blog in particular) I became keenly aware that my blog is only a small speck upon the map known as the world-wide-web. This blog is one among hundreds of thousands (maybe millions). So, why should I (or anyone else) continue to blog? Here are three reasons why I will continue to blog:

1. To Glorify God. The Westminister Catechism asks: What is the chief end of man? And answers by stating: "The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." Since our purpose in life is to bring God glory and enjoy Him, then we should seek to do everything so that He would be honored, worshipped, adored and glorified. If we can eat and drink to God's glory (1 Cor. 10:31), surely be can blog to His glory!

2. To Stimulate Healthy Discussion. Although there is a time and place for blogging that is humorous and playful, I hope that the majority of things I write will help faciliate and encourage conversations that are uplifting to the Body of Christ.

3. To Communicate with Family and Friends. So many of the people I love are far away from me. Cecil is in China. Amy's parents, brothers and sisters are in Virginia and Hawaii. And the list could stretch on forever. So, since I cannot be in two places at one time, blogging allows me to communicate with those that I do not have the pleasure of seeing or talking to on a regular basis.

So, why do you blog? I would love to hear about what motivates you to keep up with the task of blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric I have been thinking about getting a book by Ravi Zacharias and I was wondering if you know of any good books by him.